Thursday, April 17, 2014

Inspiration behind Marjolein's Garden

 
The favorite part of my yard is the small herb garden. It has a hornbeam hedge around it that arches over the gated entry. There are no rules in my herb garden; we plant whatever we want so there is always something to eat from the garden. The yellow garden tags remind us what is growing where. Of course we have strawberries, some raspberries and redcurrant, they remind me so much of my parents’ garden when I was growing up. And all the herbs that I could possibly want: marjoram, thyme, sage, parsley, you name it. It is a wonderful garden and I love it dearly. When I visit the garden I usually take a moment to sit on the bench (that we bought forty years ago!) and simply enjoy. It’s as if time stands still, the evening sun is so beautiful, the smell of the honeysuckle so wonderful and rich. These fabrics remind me of the peace and happiness that comes from being in the garden.
 
Best Blogger TipsShare/Bookmark