Friday, June 12, 2015

Designer Spotlight - Dena Designs



In June we are celebrating Dena Designs as part of our Designer Spotlight program.  Stay tuned for some great blogs and don't forget to check our Facebook page and YouTube channel for more great stuff about Dena!  #DesignerSpotlight  #iamafreespirit



As President and Creative Director of Dena Designs, Inc., Dena has simultaneously managed the roles of designer, businesswoman, and mother while crafting a hugely successful company, and lifestyle brand. Today Dena Designs encompasses a wide array of products, ranging from home décor and accessories to greeting cards, gifts, craft items, books and more. What began 20 years ago as a Bloomingdale’s best selling bedding collection is now a merchandising/media program generating multimillions in worldwide sales.





While many designers rely on perfection, Dena believes that it is the process that makes the project fun and memorable. Her book "Embellish Your Home!" exemplifies Dena’s love of helping people embellish their lives. She does not believe there is some unreachable standard out there to which people must aspire. “I’m always painting,” says Dena, “or adding bits and pieces to something. I love the process! I tell people there’s no ‘right way’ or ‘wrong way.’ If you don’t like it, change it. The whole point is to have fun doing it and get real pleasure out of your results. Surround yourself with the things you love.”





Her work and philosophy appeal to an enormous consumer base eager for Dena's heart warming and accessible work, that blends classical design with sometimes quirky and fun touches. In addition to her extraordinary artistic, decorating, and craft-related skills, she has excelled in multiple medias and in business.

website: www.denadesigns.com/
facebook: www.facebook.com/denadesigns1
twitter: https://twitter.com/denadesigns
pinterest: www.pinterest.com/denadesignsinc/
instagram: https://instagram.com/denadesignsinc/
blog: http://www.denadesigns.com/blog




Best Blogger TipsShare/Bookmark

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hi Dena,

Love your fabric designs/drawing. I seem to have nothing in common except I know my husband since I was 20 yrs old , boy friend for 25 yrs , husband of 20 yrs .

Whenever I buy your fabrics, it feels like a I am buying a beautiful painting. I love to see more blog post with more projects with your fabrics. I had planned to sew some bags with your fabrics this summer.

Just one last question, why do you choose east indian names for your fabric collection. I immigrated to US from India and the name of your collection got my attention 8 yrs back. That got me started buying your fabric collection since then. Love to hear your story behind your naming philosophy.

mumbird3 said...

Lovely fabrics!